Please Mr Nikon, no video

Started Jan 13, 2016 | Discussions thread
ArtAlt
ArtAlt Senior Member • Posts: 1,978
Re: Please Mr Nikon, no video

seoulsurvivor wrote:

This will put the cat amongst the pigeons. There is no doubt that the latest products to be announced, the D5 and D500 look to be great cameras.........on paper at least, and I'm sure they'll sell well to their intended market. Well done, Nikon!

But with all the latest features and enhancements that accompany these new products which no doubt evolve as a result of market feedback, I wonder if we will ever see a camera in the future which lacks video and is aimed squarely at the stills photographer. Think about the amazingly popular (and still is an all time favorite of many) D700.

Interesting point.

Mirrorless still cameras get video at little overhead because they already have all sensors (AF, face recognition, etc) on sensor, whereas for DSLR it is an extremely awkward fit that requires duplicate systems.  I love my Nikon D750 so much but found the AF in "live view" remarkably poor, until I realized that it required a separate AF system unlike in my Sony a6000.

Art Altman
https://www.artmaltman.photography
--

ArtAlt's gear list:ArtAlt's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Sony a7 III Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
KSV
KSV
KSV
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow