Please Mr Nikon, no video

Started Jan 13, 2016 | Discussions thread
OP seoulsurvivor Regular Member • Posts: 481
Re: Please Mr Nikon, no video

bikinchris wrote:

Actually, Nixon is in the business of selling cameras. Leaving any feature off will hurt sales. The D5 is all about maximum performance. If video hurt still features, I would agree with you.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against having the video feature in a camera. Of course I can turn it off or not use it at all and just forget that it's there as others have suggested as if I didn't know that. I'm just against having to pay for a feature or component that I know I'll never use. If the general consensus in this thread is that a camera without video would be more expensive (if they even produced it at all) then of course I'd have no choice but to purchase one with video. I'm just not convinced that the potential market for such a camera is a small as everyone says it is.

And if they come up with a DF upgrade in the future excluding video and with a higher MP count say like the D5 or D750, why couldn't they just swing that sensor over to a standard body style with a high build quality like the D700 was or the D8** today. Doesn't that sound feasible?

Anyway, this is like flogging a dead horse. It's never going to happen.

seoulsurvivor's gear list:seoulsurvivor's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
KSV
KSV
KSV
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow