Nikon D7000/D7200 question

Started Jan 10, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ken Gibilisco Senior Member • Posts: 2,656
Nikon D7000/D7200 question

Hi, I own a D7000 and I have seen some IQ focus issues with it. There has been a lot written here on this subject, I had a post last week on a similar subject, and received a lot of good, helpful advice.

I have lost a little confidence in the D7000 for auto focus, and I am considering a move up to a D7200.

My related question is; Since I intend to use some of my older 'F' and 'E' series lenses, realizing that there will be no auto focus with any of them, only my DX lenses which I will also be using, will the D7200 be at least as good with these older lenses as the D7000, or is there a better Nikon camera in this price range which would be better for me?

50% to 60% of my photography is wildlife, and Macro, the rest is lanscapes and family.

I know similar issues have been discussed, even with me, but any help will be appreciated.

Thank you and regards, Ken.

Ken Gibilisco's gear list:Ken Gibilisco's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR
Nikon D7000 Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow