What should I Shut Up and do? D700, D810 or Hold My Breath?

Started Jan 9, 2016 | Discussions thread
buybuybuy
buybuybuy Senior Member • Posts: 5,388
Re: What should I Shut Up and do? D700, D810 or Hold My Breath?

drivecancel wrote:

Veloster75 wrote:

drivecancel wrote:

What I don't get is why people refuse to acknowledge the D750 as a worthy upgrade to their 'magical', 'full of soul' D700.

The D750 is a nice camera, when it worked. Mine had all the issues, shutter, flare and err. The D750 is probably not recommended as much because its not a pro body camera with pro features that one expects and looks forward to using. If you ever used a pro body camera before, you will understand. The shutter is amazing quiet on the D810 too. A feature that is a must for pro photographers shootjng in quiet environments.

I can't think of any significant 'pro features' the D750 lacks over a D4S or a D700, it's more pro than D700 in my opinion as it's the more capable camera. As for the shutter, there are many pros using D750s for weddings or louder cameras, so I would say that's not even close to being a must, no?

I've used a pro body, I don't see the fuss. The only pro body I think is considerably nicer than a D750 are the D2, D3 and D4 cameras, putting the grip on the D750 is a good half-step. I have a round viewfinder for my D750 so that isn't a problem for me either.

People (I'm not including you here) are too snobby about having a 'pro' body if you ask me.

Nikon doesn't consider the D750 a "pro" body. It is an "enthusiast" body.

That's the de facto classification on Nikon's own site.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow