What should I Shut Up and do? D700, D810 or Hold My Breath?

Started Jan 9, 2016 | Discussions thread
ArtAlt
ArtAlt Senior Member • Posts: 1,978
Re: What should I Shut Up and do? D700, D810 or Hold My Breath?

apoglass wrote:

Especially in the face of Sony's rapid progress, and Leica's demonstration of just how excellent an electronic viewfinder can be, I'm very surprised and disappointed that in 2016 Nikon still has no electronic viewfinder option for any of their professional DSLR's, nor any full frame mirrorless camera.

The LCD screen ("live view") is in effect Nikon's electronic viewfinder.  They don't seem to have put much effort into optimizing the autofocus in that view.   It's my one problem with the D750, which is otherwise amazing camera. I love using the tilting screen for candids and awkward shots but the autofocus is slow and hit or miss.

I imagine that Nikon could implement magnification on the LCD (to assist manual focus) electronically, no?

Not sure how they could implement an EVF alongside an OVF, because they are so different.   Fuji has some kind of hybrid but I think that the optical view is really a viewfinder, not through the lens OVF.

-- hide signature --
 ArtAlt's gear list:ArtAlt's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Sony a7 III Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow