What should I Shut Up and do? D700, D810 or Hold My Breath?

Started Jan 9, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RandyYPoto New Member • Posts: 24
What should I Shut Up and do? D700, D810 or Hold My Breath?

I have a D700. I love it, but some of the new technology is quite enticing and I've dedicated this year as "Getting back into Photography" after a few years away. (Long story)

I was all set to buy the D810 the other day. I hopped onto B&H and noticed that the sale had ended. $200 bucks higher.

Why? I thought. nikonusa.com quickly revealed the two new beauties, unfortunately neither of which I want. [Correction "want" may not be the correct word, the D5 is just too expensive]

But I don't want the D500, I'm and FX Portrait guy. The D750 just seams too chintzy and cheap, I hate the plastic feel, I hate the grip, the menus and the dials. Not for me.

Whats the probability we get an D810 update (or some other FX Pro candy) in 2016?

So. should I SHUT UP keep shooting my D700 and hope and wait?

Or SHUT UP and buy the D810 because its still awesome?

RandyYPoto's gear list:RandyYPoto's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G
Nikon D5 Nikon D500 Nikon D700 Nikon D750 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow