D750 - "weather sealed" my ***

Started Jan 6, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Caliginous
Caliginous Regular Member • Posts: 203
D750 - "weather sealed" my ***

so my wife and I are trekking Hadrian's Wall at the moment (I'm writing this from a B&B on day three of our trek :)) as usual, there is rain about. I have my D750 on my shoulder strap when we walk. Yesterday we got some rain - nothing too heavy, just a light shower, my camera got a bit damp, not soaked or drenched by any stretch of the imagination, just damp from the light rain. I wiped it down with a towel. I've done this a million times with my D5000.

the eyepiece fogged up over night, which I wasn't too concerned over. However this morning something more serious was apparent. The camera works fine in M mode, however the flash icon displays in the viewfinder. In A mode however, which is what I use most of the time, something has gone badly wrong. The shutterspeed stays stuck at 1/60, no matter what the aperture is at, and the light metre is displayed in the viewfinder. The back dial continues to adjust ISO and the front continues to work for aperture, but the shutterspeed stays stuck. In S mode the camera seems to work. The flash icon is there for all modes. In auto mode the flash fires, but doesn't pop up.

so, that was from one light shower. I should have known better, but this is exactly what I thought weather sealing was for. On a scale of 1 to Cactus, just how badly damaged is my camera?

Caliginous's gear list:Caliginous's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR +1 more
Nikon D5000 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow