3D Lens attachment (w Mirrors)

Started Jun 29, 2015 | Discussions thread
chrvi New Member • Posts: 1
Re: 3D Lens attachment (w Mirrors)

Hello guys,

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm also considering buying a pair of Canon S95 cameras and connect them in a rig but I worry the minimal distance between their lenses will be too great for a natural look of the 3d photos (I wanted to shoot portraits most and dislike hyper-stereo 3D photos) - which I also found discussed in this thread.

If I understand correctly, I simply cannot achieve the "real" looking 3d images 'cause the lenses will always be to far from each other (given they're both in the landscape orientation)

So just one dumb question - has use of zoom any effect on the resulting 3d image?
I mean, if I zoom in/out will there be any difference in the resulting 3d effect?
Or will the only effect be a smaller area being captured by both cameras?

Thanks,

Radek

PS: ...and it's sad one cannot use external flash with S95... and cannot play with shallow DOF as with DSLRs... one always needs to search for compromises...

PPS: Sorry, this reply should have been in another place in the thread tree but I'm not able to withdraw this post and create in a proper place any more...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow