RX100 Overheating During Video Capture

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ml6 Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: RX100 Overheating During Video Capture

acedebrine wrote:

I own a mk 4. First time extended video use. Settings AVCHD 60P 28M (PS) tripod mount inside theater stage production. Overheating started @25 min. The cause of the overheating was the battery. I swapped batteries and had no problems for @ 10-15 min, swapped battery to a third (and last) got most of the 90+min play. This is unfortunately the type of recording that was of interest to me when I purchased this camera as a lightweight travel / daily walk around until pt allowed the return of my dslr. Swapping out a battry at an inconvient time is obviously not ideal. Think I might try a chemical cool pack in my next experiment.

Any other ideas from other owners would be welcomed. Otherwise this camera has delivered as advertised, very happy so far (except price).

I don't have another idea at the moment just another data point. I just ran into the same problem with my rx100m4, recording handheld AVCHD 50i 17M and after some 7 minutes or so the camera shut down. I recorded XAVC S HD 50p 50M the same way just before with the same result.

I would accept this behavior for exotic things as 4k but AVCHD is kind of standard and should always work and record til the artificial tariff limit of 29:59 minutes.

Your use case is pretty much what I like to do as well. So, can you do simple uninterrupted video with camera at all?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ml6
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow