Sigma Art Lens Stuck in AF

Started Dec 26, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joseph C Williams New Member • Posts: 1
Sigma Art Lens Stuck in AF

I own a Sigma 30mm 1.4 Art Lens (Canon Mount + Kiss X5/600d) I also own a Sigma USB Dock (as lens was front focusing) which I used to make corrections to the lens. But it now appears that the lens is stuck in AF mode, even if the switch on the lens is set to MF, it will autofocus. This makes manual focusing (something I do often) a challenge as it requires half pressing the shutter to autofocus and holding it in place while manual adjustments are made, before taking the shot. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the switch on the lens or possibly something to do with the USB dock as I cannot remember this issue being present before calibration. Usually I would send the lens off for a replacement, but as is was purchased from Digital Rev (gray market) I have discovered it is not covered by Sigma for warranty or repairs. If anyone else is aware of this issue and possibly knows a solution I would be very grateful for you to share any information on the matter as I have not been able to find any other cases of this issue online and contacting sigma gave little help. Thanks - Joseph

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix G Macro 30mm F2.8 Pentax X-5 Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow