A6000 LCD vs Newer Canon LCD's

Started Dec 21, 2015 | Discussions thread
OP asr10user Regular Member • Posts: 198
Re: A6000 LCD vs Newer Canon LCD's

skanter wrote:

asr10user wrote:

skanter wrote:

asr10user wrote:

One thing I have noticed on most newer Canon DSLR's, their LCD is very bright/clear/sharp. The A6000 LCD is not nearly as dynamic or impressive as I have seen in even the Rebel series.

Is there a setting or something I am missing?

I know this seems minor, but after taking a shot of a subject and showing the subject, the A6000 LCD is just not that impressive

I am trying to find the brightness settings, can you point me in the correct direction? I think that would help.

Last tab (little suitcase)

First page

Monitor Brightness

Viefinder Brightness

VF Color Temperatuer

You really need to go through ALL the settings to see how your camera works to use it properly. Look at Youtube A6000 tutorial videos, or get David Busch's Ebook on A6000.

The LCD is really not a display for looking at and enjoying photos like your phone is. It is for framing when not using the VF, changing settings, and reviewing your shots for focus - better done in the VF anyway.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC
http://skanter.smugmug.com/NYC-Street-Photography
“A camera is a tool for learning how to see without a camera.”
-Dorothea Lange

Thank you, this helped substantially.  The LCD is much more up to standards.

asr10user's gear list:asr10user's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow