NX300 firmware hack to remove video recording limitations

Started Nov 9, 2015 | Discussions thread
otto k Senior Member • Posts: 2,110
Re: NX300 firmware hack to remove video recording limitations

Now you are just being rude.

People start doing something and possibly offer it to you for free and you complain when someone does not comply with your wishes (uh, can we have what Samsung didn't implement with their horde of paid engineers and documentation and support and infrastructure?). Seriously, you think it's easy disassembling the firmware? You should try it sometime. Samsung made an error and released unplanned files (root filesystem) with nx300 open source packages (that usually include almost nothing of value as everything that happens in camera is handled by closed source binary) as well as unfortunate for them, fortunate for us, auto execute from sd card enabled in firmware.

For nx500 they made it very very difficult to do any meaningful modification of firmware. Believe me, I took a long hard look at the firmware. They went out of their way to complicate things (remember when they removed readily accessible service mode from nx10? They don't want you to hack your camera). When guy does not have access to NX1 how is he supposed to develop for it? What is his motivation? Will you be cool or blame him if you brick your camera with his firmware?

And you are just plain lying in your post several times. Ihkim made Rocky Mountain movie converter. Another guy made encrypting firmware for nx300. Finder80 made alternative remote control utility for NX1 (http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3838042) after he made wireless controller for Windows. He also documented how to access the camera functions via DLNA. These are just off top of my head.

You get mad when people disappear. Maybe they're disappearing because there's nothing here for them. Seriously.

otto k's gear list:otto k's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Taffy
MOD Taffy
pt5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow