Fuji Repair -- don't bother

Started Dec 14, 2015 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
depscribe Senior Member • Posts: 1,223
Fuji Repair -- don't bother

As I write this I'm on hold yet again with Fuji professional repair in Edison, N.J. Let me tell you about my experience -- if I'd known about it, I would have done without the otherwise excellent X system.

In mid-November I dropped my 10-24mm Fujinon. The lens mount was loosened as a result -- there was no apparent optical damage. I phoned Fuji and they said it could certainly be repaired at reasonable cost and in reasonable time. I therefore sent it to them at their repair facility in Edison, N.J.

After which I heard nothing. So after two weeks I phoned. The first day, I was on hold for just under an hour before I had to leave for an assignment and therefore had to hang up. The second day they picked up in just over half an hour (of truly mind-numbing piano music, the same few bars over and over, occasionally interrupted by an announcement that due to the high volume of calls the wait time was long). In due course some one answered. I gave them my information and was told that I hadn't approved the repair. They had, they said, sent me an email about it. I had never received any email from them -- and this is my email address at the newspaper for whom I am a photographer for a living, which has never experienced the slightest trouble.

The person who finally came to the phone gave me a repair number and said I needed to send them $318.86. I promptly went to the Post Office to purchase and send a postal money order in that amount. That was December 1. Today, two weeks later, having heard nothing, I phoned again. And I waited on hold for a little less than half an hour. And was told they did not get the money order -- which is pretty nearly impossible. (Fortunately, I have the receipt.) I asked to speak to a manager, in hope of getting this straightened out.

I got a manager's answering machine.

So, at this point, I am out my lens and, also, $318.86.

Thanks, Fuji.

-- hide signature --
 depscribe's gear list:depscribe's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X30 Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-E2 +11 more
depscribe's score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow