Pentax K3 to upgrade K50, or panasonic g7 for birding?

Started Dec 14, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Seven79
Seven79 Forum Member • Posts: 63
Pentax K3 to upgrade K50, or panasonic g7 for birding?

Hi, I'll try to keep this brief, I posted something similar in the micro 4/3 group.  I have micro 4/3 and a Pentax k50 and I'm trying to have less gear and gear more focused on my interests.  I like to do family portraits (mainly of my 6 year old son), pictures of dogs, but my main love is bird photography.

I'm trying to figure out if the Pentax K3 would be a big upgrade over my k50 for birding.  I'd also be looking to add a longer lens (55-300 is what I have now), something that can go to 500mm.  I've heard the K3 has better AF and is quieter,  both things I would enjoy, and I really want to get more into BIF shots.  I have had some success with my current gear and have learned a lot, but I wouldn't mind having a little extra help.

I'm also considering the Panasonic G7  with 100-300 because it has the DFD and 4k photo capture.  I'm not sure how these features would compare to the K3.  I do not have a local store to try either of these.  I'm not interested in switching brands, too much money and I'd have to start all over again with lenses and I just really like my Pentax to if I stay with a DSLR that will be the brand I want.  The G7 and K3 are pretty close in price with the current deals.

So, which do you think would help me the most with my birding?

Thank yo so much for your time.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Df Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Pentax K-50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow