Should I wait to upgrade to EOS M4 or buy a DSLR?

Started Dec 7, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Parhamn
Parhamn Junior Member • Posts: 38
Should I wait to upgrade to EOS M4 or buy a DSLR?

Hi,

I am an enthusiast photographer and have the original EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and 50mm 1.8 STM lenses for almost one year. Most of my photos are of my 18 month daughter (mostly indoors) or landscape shots. I have some serious problems with my gear:

1- the AF speed is slow for tracking my daughter

2- the AF rectangle is too big so you cannot focus on smaller subjects precisely such as someones eye

3- my focal length coverage is so limited

4- the EOS M body lacks many things such as EVF and physical buttons

So I am missing some shots because of these problems and planning to upgrade my gear. But I am not sure to wait a few month for EOS M4 or buy a DSLR shuch as T5i (700d) with 18-135 for landscape and tele range (I have 50 1.8 for portraits). Could you guys please give me your opinion on this?

many thanks,

Parham

BTW, I have a Nissin i40 flash for portraits.

And even if I buy a DSLR, I'm going to keep my M and having it everyday with me.

Parhamn's gear list:Parhamn's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +4 more
Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i) Canon EOS M
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow