Best product or brand to clean the sensor?

Started Jul 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,765
Re: eyelead sensor cleaning kit from photography life

Sympa wrote:

I once used a 'wet and dry' swab system. Worked really well for the piece of goop that hit the sensor glass. The wet swab was a bit on the wet side, but did not drip or anything. in any case it made it easy to dissolve whatever was there. The dry one mopped up all the wetness. The wetness seems water-based: in any case it doesn't dry quickly.

I have the idea this will clean better than a single swab with a drop of alcohol because there is more liquid and it has more time to dissolve things.

Brand is "green clean' by the way. Single-use swabs, so expensive.

This is what I hate about wet cleaning - expensive and all one use. So it was easy to go through about $20 in swabs before I was satisfied.

Nikon's official method for cleaning used to be a pencil-sized dowel with a swab towel rubber-banded to the end and dampened with 100% alcohol. Then they would start in the center and work their way out in a circular motion - or so I read.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow