Best product or brand to clean the sensor?

Started Jul 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,751
Re: eyelead sensor cleaning kit from photography life

orsonbudd wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

orsonbudd wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

orsonbudd wrote:

Plasmatico wrote:

Last week I received the "eyelead" sensor cleaning kit from photography life. I just finished cleaning the sensor of my NEX-6 and I have to say that it's not only super easy to use but it really works. 100% satisfied and HIGHLY recommended. price may be on the high side, but if you value your gear and want the best, this is top rate it in my book.

In the past month I've had two really good experiences with photography products, first the Ciecio7 FD-NEX adapter, the best lens adapter I've used and now this sensor cleaning stick. Both required gear.

I also purchased the eyelead and I think mine is a fake. The box has a "Sony" sticker on it instead of a print, the back of the box says "Designed in Germany. Special material made in Germany. Made in China" and the user manual inside is full of grammatical errors. Can you please compare this to your product? I just want to know if I have the real thing or not.

Thank You

If you purchased it from Photography Life, it's the real deal. I don't know if anyone sells the real thing. Can you send a picture?

No, Photography Life is for the US market, I'm in Europe. Eyelead is a German manufacturer and Photography Life is not the exclusive reseller.

Note the "Sony" sticker on the box, "Designed in Germany, special material made in Germany, Made in China" on the bottom back of the box, the lack of a barcode on the tin box and the user manual full of grammatical error

Yes, but where did you buy it from? If from EyeLead, then you should be fine.

from here

http://www.fotokonijnenberg.nl/en/eyelead-sensor-dust-sticking-bar-kit-sck-1-sony

If you can, please at least check if it says "Made in China" on your box, because it shouldn't be.

I'll look when I get home, but I don't recall instruction manuals.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow