What if Ricoh bought all Samsung's mirrorless technology?

Started Sep 19, 2015 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Veteran Member • Posts: 8,862
Re: What if Ricoh bought all Samsung's mirrorless technology?

yonsarh wrote:

anthony mazzeri wrote:

Now that Samsung's withdrawing from the camera business, they have loads of ready-made mirrorless technology and patents including a mount and lenses which Ricoh can buy outright just like they did all Pentax's DSLR stuff - no R&D required!

I assume Samsung will stay in the actual sensor-making business for smartphone cameras etc so that could also provide Ricoh with an option for the latest sensors like in the NX1 instead of being forced to wait every time for Sony ones.

-- hide signature --

I would say, Samsung buy Ricoh makes more sense to me. but since Japanese government doesn't allow to sell their national business to some other foreign investment.

First, Ricoh (do you mean the entire Ricoh Group or just Ricoh Imaging?) is not for sale. Second, do you think it makes sense to close down your own camera business in order to buy another's?

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow