What if Ricoh bought all Samsung's mirrorless technology?

Started Sep 19, 2015 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Veteran Member • Posts: 9,102
Re: What if Ricoh bought all Samsung's mirrorless technology?

anthony mazzeri wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

anthony mazzeri wrote:

Okay, so now it's been revealed Nikon beat Ricoh to the punch and bought all Samsung NX tech for their own pro-level mirrorless system.

Isn't that just a rumor?

Alex

Until either Samsung or Nikon confirm it officially I suppose.

There are too many fake "rumors" around, don't hold your breath. Well, theoretically it might happen, but we'll see about that.

In the meantime it does explain why both companies have gone so quiet on the new camera releases this year. Samsung's last camera was the NX500 on Feb 5 and Nikon's was the J5 on Apr 2, and not a peep from either of them since for the rest of the year so far - they've been busy planning and plotting together in their secret lair!

The simplest explanation is most often the correct one. Explaining Nikon's silence by saying that the're switching over to NX-based MILCs doesn't fit the "simplest explanation" principle

Probably they'll have something neat for CP+. They're working on the next-generation pro DSLR - the D5, and likely other things.

Doesn't explain what all Ricoh's GXR engineers and people have been working on for the past five years though that Ricoh would pass up on buying the NX system. Must be really good, whatever it is.

Assuming NX was up for sale. Assuming Ricoh could afford to take it over and make it work. Assuming Ricoh is working on something comparable now. Assumptions, assumptions.

I share your hope that Ricoh's ex-GXR engineers are put to good use, but I don't expect something comparable or "better" (i.e. more resource intensive) than the NX. Probably they're working on the Pentax FF

-- hide signature --

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow