Easily one of the best Macro lens in terms of IQ

Started Nov 26, 2015 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Albert Lowe New Member • Posts: 7
Easily one of the best Macro lens in terms of IQ

Many said that this is an insane lens in terms of quality. DxO and other websites gave this lens a high rating score. I'm curious and decided to buy it when I got my hands on the A7II. Got the lens in HK, definitely not a cheap lens, more expensive than the Canon and Olympus counterpart I used. I went to a local bird market to try out this lens and then "BANG". Gotta praise the details I can get with this lens. The images look sharp, the contrast is great, IQ still looks good even for non-macro shots. The focusing ring can also be push/pull to switch between AF/MF, a handy feature. In terms of IQ, I can say easily that this is the best macro lens I've used and owned to date. Would give this lens an easy 5 star, but instead I give it a 4.5 because of these cons of this lens:

1) The AF - It's actually a minor con for a macro lens, but it'll be great if the AF is fast for a macro     lens at this price. This lens is great for other types of photography as well, not just macro

2) No full time manual focus - Ouch....

3) The Focal length - Wish that its a 105mm

4) The price - This lens is very expensive if there's no discounts or promo

Albert Lowe's gear list:Albert Lowe's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a7 III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
Telephoto macro prime lens • Sony FE • SEL90M28G
Announced: Mar 4, 2015
Albert Lowe's score
Average community score
Sony a7 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow