Focusing infinity with 12-50mm. Is it possible?

Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
maggiemole Contributing Member • Posts: 922
Re: beyond infinity

Hiskrtapps wrote:

thank you again..

Now my question is: why don't put a button on the camera or on the lent that provide you set infinity focus?

Maybe it's a stupid question but I think it's a bit silly to be forced to doing a procedure that consists in changing your setting, switch down e switch up you camera (being careful to do not touch the ring) to obtain behavior that is useful in common situations..

That's my thougth.
G.

On my GX7, there is such a button - the button you depress in order to remove the lens. (I don't know if this is only true for Panasonic lenses). I shot the Milky Way a month or so ago using the GX7 and a 14mm lens with the wide angle adapter which took it down to 10.5mm. This left the aperture at f2.5, and I'm not sure that the f3.5 aperture on the 12-50mm is good enough to capture enough light in the limited time you want to have the shutter open. I agree that 20 seconds is a good period of time for the shutter, you don't need to stay below 5 seconds. I didn't have a problem with focus, but I could not see it on-screen while shooting, I waited until I got home to check - partly also because I needed to boost the exposure having kept the ISO low.

Have a look at the website of lonelyspeck.com, he has some very useful advice for shooting the Milky Way using M43.

Maggie

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow