Panny 100-400mm news - From the horses mouth

Started Nov 13, 2015 | Discussions thread
brianric Veteran Member • Posts: 7,801
Re: Panny 100-400mm news - From the horses mouth

danieljcox wrote:

ewelch wrote:

I want to photograph bears in Alaska. I am a pro. I shoot with Canon at work. Just spend $4,500 for a 1DX body. No lens I've bought in the past 10 years for my work cameras was this cheap! You MFT photographers are spoiled! The thing seems downright bargain-basement priced to me!

I'm getting one. I have sold off my Nikons and have the 12-40, 40-150 Pro lenses and this will be a terrific addition to them! Then a 7-14 and an EM1 Mark II next year, a few Panny/Leica primes and my set will be complete! All for about the cost of a Leica 50 Summicron ASPH.

Great point ewelch. I agree with you that the MFT guys have no idea what lenses of this caliber cost if it were full frame. Anyone who thinks this thing is expensive hasn't bought a 200-400mm F/4 or the 600mm F/4 or the 300mm F/2.8 in either Canon or Nikon mounts. I too earn my full time living shooting natural history and science and the main reason I started trying the MFT gear was due to it's incredible inexpensive prices. I'm now shooting all MFT Lumix cameras and have sold almost every piece of Nikon gear I owned. Still have a few things but shooting virtually 100% Lumix now.

Except for indoor sports, team photos, and flash work I use my GX-8s for everything else along with my Fuji XT-1.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon D810 Samsung NX1 +32 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow