Panny 100-400mm news - From the horses mouth

Started Nov 13, 2015 | Discussions thread
danieljcox
danieljcox Contributing Member • Posts: 876
Re: Panny 100-400mm news - From the horses mouth

Harold66 wrote:

Nuts About Photography wrote:

I was at a trade show yesterday and met with the national reps for Panasonic.

They confirmed the 100-400 would be shipping to the reps in December so they can show them to dealers, etc. Then the actual product would ship for retail sales in January.

Cost would be in the $2K area, Canadian, so maybe near $1500US$.

So, time to put this on your list for Santa!

I wonder who in these forums and out there really need such a lens . Hard to imagine that this could be useful for more than a very few photographers ( professional birders I guess )

There are thousands and thousand of current M43 shooters who are crying for a quality telephoto and the new Lumix will finally fill that bill. You have to realize, like everything else in life. you get what you pay for so I for one am hoping the new 100-400mm is not too cheap.

in the meanwhile there is still no affordable , reasonably light 300mm equivalent , arguably the single most significant gap in the m4/3 lens line up among commonly used focal lengths

have you not tried the Lumix Vario 100-300mm zoom ? This is a very inexpensive and very light lens and it fills the gap you're talking about. The new 100-400mm is comparatively expensive but it will light years ahead of the cheap, lightweight 100-300mm in terms of AF capabilities, quality build and sharpness. But you have to realize, quality does not come cheap.

Harold

You have to realize, like everything else in life. you get what you pay for so I for one am hoping the new 100-400mm is not too cheap. You would be surprised how many people are willing to put serious money in to their beloved craft.

-- hide signature --
 danieljcox's gear list:danieljcox's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic G85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow