Defence of Photography

Started Nov 11, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
texture and fabric New Member • Posts: 19
Defence of Photography

http://www.textureandfabric.com/Articles/Defence-of-Photography

In this article I wanted to make case for photography which is not very highy regarded on the elitist list of academic and artistic hierarchy. It is actually still questioned whether photography should be on such a list and considered as art. So many people from variety of backrounds have argued for photography but somehow it still doesn't hold up. People are still asking for free wedding photos as if it is nothing more than a press of a button.

Even though free photo requests are not directly related to my argument I believe it has something to do with lack of respect to phtogoraphy. Not that I expect people to start respecting photography after reading this but I wanted to bring out the uniqueness of photography by discussing its spacial presence and defending it against other art forms. After all, we have chosed photography becasue of what it is and not becasue we were not good enough to become a painter and, therefore choosen the second best thing.

I would like to hear what your opinions of hits matter. That is to ask, why did you choose photography instead other art forms?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
tex
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow