Printer for third party paper

Started Nov 9, 2015 | Questions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Meyricke Contributing Member • Posts: 685
Printer for third party paper

I currently use a Canon IP4950 on a Windows 10 computer for a mix of photographs, photo books, calendars & labels etc etc. All are in A4. The quality is good enough for entering images in Camera Club competitions, which is as good as I require.

Unfortunately, the current printer has all manner of options for photo printing which do not work well so that, even when using high grade photo paper, I have to use the "standard" print setting in order to avoid an over-saturated print. I may be naive but I assume that if there is a "photo quality" print option, I ought to benefit from using it.

If I try to use the duplex printing function with the "photo paper" option, the software rejects the command as it assumes that all photo paper is single sided.

I am looking for a reasonably cheap - say under £150 - printer which will enable me to decide which options to use with which paper & which will make it easy for me to use paper from third party sources.

Is there such a machine out there?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Meyricke

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow