Anyone having trouble with OI.Share and EM-10 Mk II?

Started Nov 5, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Faraday Cage New Member • Posts: 1
Anyone having trouble with OI.Share and EM-10 Mk II?

Trying to decide if there is a hardware problem or if this is merely poorly implemented software on Olympus's part. I wonder if it were a hardware problem whether it would function at all, but it does work sporadically.

I have an original EM-10 that works speedily and reliably with the OI.Share app on iOS devices. Using the same devices, but with a new EM-10 mk II, the flakiness of the function is bad. The app very often says it can't communicate with the camera after just a few minutes. Sometimes it just refuses to work, even though the iOS device clearly shows it is connected to the camera's wifi; you can see the camera's IP address and other info displayed in the wifi settings area of the iOS device. I have tried OI.Share on iOS devices and even an Android device, and the issue persists.

I have deleted and reinstalled the EM-10 mk II wifi profile several times on the iOS devices, and reset the wifi settings on the camera as well. In fact, while sitting here typing, the iOS device is 18" away from the camera, was fully connected with OI.Share, and just all of a sudden threw up a warning that it couldn't find a camera. Yesterday, however, when outside with the camera three feet away and only air between us, the app worked well except for one hiccup. Anyone think the wifi is particularly susceptible to interference with other wifi signals?

thanks for any hints

Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow