Excllent Light Weight Tele-Zoom

Started Nov 5, 2015 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Michigan Sandman
Michigan Sandman Regular Member • Posts: 456
Excllent Light Weight Tele-Zoom

Although the build quality is strictly pro-sumer, meaning a lot of poly carbonate, the images made with it are outstanding. I didn't want to lug around a 300mm Af or the Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8, (really heavy)so I took this much lighter lens with me yesterday and was happy with the results. Price being about half of the 300mm Nikkor Af f/4, and the 80-200mm f/2.8, it was fun to shoot a relatively inexpensive easy to handle zoom lens, with quite a bit of range. I spent the afternoon shooting with this lens on a Nikon Df, and never felt the lens was too heavy, like the other two I mentioned.

I had put off buying this lens because of the pro-sumer build, but unless you are on assignment for Nat Geo, or SI, the build quality should be good enough, and you will be happy with the images you shoot, and you have the lighter weight as an added bonus.

Michigan Sandman's gear list:Michigan Sandman's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon D3 Nikon D700 Nikon D3X Nikon D3S +113 more
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
Telephoto zoom lens • Nikon F (FX) • 2161
Announced: Aug 9, 2006
Michigan Sandman's score
Average community score
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow