Oly E-PL2 exposure compensation keeps changing

Started Nov 3, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kev08 New Member • Posts: 4
Oly E-PL2 exposure compensation keeps changing

I recently bought a used olympus E-PL2 to try out the micro four thirds system (until this I've always had SLRs). Theres something happening with the exposure compensation that I don't understand though, and I wondered if anyone can help explain it?

With every camera I've ever used, the exposure compensation isn't complicated; I set (say) -1EV and from then on that is applied to all shots unless I change it. With the E-PL2 though, it isn't staying as I set it. For example: the camera is in Aperture Priority, I adjust the exposure compensation to my requirements and take a picture - so far so good. But, if I then take a second picture (without changing a thing) the camera has typically decided by itself to set a different degree of compensation. I don't know how or why it should do this.

I thought initially that I must be pressing something by accident, but it appears not. Its driving me nuts - I very often take a few slight variations of each shot, and I'm having to put the compensation back to how I want it for each picture. Does anyone know what could be going on?

Many Thanks,
Kev

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow