What if Ricoh bought all Samsung's mirrorless technology?

Started Sep 19, 2015 | Discussions thread
OP anthony mazzeri Senior Member • Posts: 2,036
Re: What if Ricoh bought all Samsung's mirrorless technology?

Alex Sarbu wrote:

You can see that Ricoh is not pumping lots of money into Ricoh Imaging; they want that division to be profitable and stand on their feet.

Good on them. 'Ricoh Imaging' is profitable now.

So where's the Ricoh camera system now that they couldn't afford to develop before according to you?

Again the same question, why would any of us wanting a Ricoh system be celebrating Ricoh Imaging making profits if this means we only have the Pentax Q now instead?

You're argument is just a hypothetical/maybe they wouldn't have devleoped a GXR system even if they didn't acquire the Q system, whereas I see no evidence of this at all. The fact is that has DEFINITELY only happened after acquiring Pentax.

PS. Look at my previous PS re the Theta and rugged/actions you mention twice. I regard them as being in the consumer category so not part of any proper camera system discussion.

But for argument's sake assume they are - again the same question, how is this better for us? So what if 'Ricoh Imaging' are indeed now making money from the Theta and ruggeds? How does that help any of us wanting a decent Ricoh mirrorless system on par with the GXR now instead of just the Pentax Q? I expect now any profits to be poured into developing their existing Q system further, instead of a whole new one - which in essence means we had more chance of seeing a GXR system bnefore when they were losing money and needed to do something new.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow