What if Ricoh bought all Samsung's mirrorless technology?

Started Sep 19, 2015 | Discussions thread
Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 34,144
Re: What if Ricoh bought all Samsung's mirrorless technology?

anthony mazzeri wrote:

Richard Frederick wrote:

anthony mazzeri wrote:

I'm just wanting a mirrorless GXR. Been waiting and waiting...

-- hide signature --

I have a GXR and I just checked...it doesn't have a mirror. Want a "mirrorless" GXR? Try the

used market.

GR doesn't have a mirror either but it's not called a mirrorless.

Everyone knows what it means. Do we really have to add the words 'interchangeable lens system' after it every time any more?

-- hide signature --

The industry killed off "EVIL" electronic viewfinder interchangeable lens and apparently the re-arranged "LIVE" was not good enough either.  All sorts of weird and wonderful acronyms were proposed - every one of which had problems.

What did the general public and industry accept? "Mirrorless" - what a laugh, a most unsuitable term and far too long for the US penchant for terse but suitable acronyms.  Even the sometimes used MILC is better and the whimsical MILF is also non-U.

I like the fun acronym EVIL myself but neither dpreview or the industry marketing gurus wish to brand the new camera wave as "evil".

"MILS" might work ....  the GXR was never actually EVIL.  But an EVIL model would have worked wonders.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow