How important is video ability for your next camera?

Started Oct 16, 2015 | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marty4650
Marty4650 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,696
How important is video ability for your next camera?

Six years ago, video abilty was only available on P&S cameras and dedicated camcorders. No ILC camera could take video until the Nikon D90 was released in 2009. Since then, every single ILC has added that feature to stay competitive.

How important is video ability to you?

When you shop for your next camera, which group would you belong to?

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
POLL
Not important at all. I rarely or never take videos. I'm just not interested in them. I will buy a camera for it's still photo quality only, and if it has video ability, then it will sit there unused.
53.4% 103  votes
Somewhat important, but not vital. I like to take videos once in a while, and when I do I'd like to have the best quality results. So it would be an important factor to consider. But the still photo results are still what will determine my next purchase.
23.8% 46  votes
Very important. I take a lot of videos, and I want the best video quality and the best video features. Video quality a very important factor in deciding on my next camera purchase.
18.1% 35  votes
Critical. I will use my next ILC primarily as a video camera. I want the absolute best video quality and the best video features, and I am willing to pay a lot more for them.
4.7% 9  votes
  Show results
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow