No Longer My Go-To Macro

Started Oct 3, 2015 | User reviews thread
Gregm61 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,886
Re: No Longer My Go-To Macro

johnpendleton wrote:

To all the members of "Team 60mm" who seem to have taken my review somewhat personally, I apologize for any global ranking my star rating may have lowered. I was only thinking of myself and my own interaction with this particular lens when I casually and unthinkingly posted my review. I was simply musing through my gear list when I noticed "oh, yeah, I still have the 60mm -- funny how I haven't used it since I got the 40-150 PRO, since my close-up work is primarily outdoors," and felt irresponsibly free to share the idea. I should have thought of the greater image ranking of this lens among the macro community and never been so selfish. Please forgive me - I shall now go eat some ground glass.

I'm in the same boat as you. My close up shooting has always been that....close ups, not macro. The 60 is excellent, I still have it, but the 40-150.2.8 is the lens I use today for what close up shooting I do because it does get so close, and those few times it does not focus close enough, out comes the 10mm or 14mm Kenko tube. The field of view and compression you get shooting up close between 100-150mm, with or without the tubes, is fantastic compared to any 60mm lens.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Leica M (Typ 262) Leica CL Leica Super-Elmar-M 18mm f/3.8 ASPH Leica Elmar-M 24mm f/3.8 ASPH Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow