A6000 Firmware Updater version 2.0 process variation

Started Sep 21, 2015 | Discussions thread
Tuxdude
Tuxdude Regular Member • Posts: 286
Re: A6000 Firmware Updater version 2.0 process variation

Paks wrote:

Any thoughts on the A6000 Firmware version 2.0? Is there any functionality taken away, due to the update. I have waited a while to update to make sure nothing (I liked) was removed in favor of the XVACs update.

Thanks,

Paks

I updated mine to 2.0 just last week, and as far as the Settings goes, I did not see any option which existed earlier to be missing now.

As per the Sony Support Website , these are the differences compared to the previous firmware versions:

Improvements over version 1.20:

• The startup time is shortened
  • Adds support for recording movies in the XAVC S format that supports high bit rates (NTSC: 60p/30p/24p PAL: 50p/25p)
    • Notes:
    • When recording a movie in the XAVC S format, you must use a Class 10 or faster SDXC card.
    • If you format the memory card, all of the data will be erased. Please make sure that the data on the card is backed up before formatting the card.

Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 2.00:

• Improves camera function and provides picture improvement for the new lenses (SEL35F14Z, SEL24240, SEL28F20, SEL90M28G)
  • Improves the power-on time after downloading the Smart Remote Control application of the PlayMemories Camera Apps™.
-- hide signature --
 Tuxdude's gear list:Tuxdude's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow