Error message E:62:10 in 15 month old HX400v

Started Oct 8, 2015 | User reviews thread
plutopup
OP plutopup Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: Error message E:62:10 in 15 month old HX400v

A product, it doesn't matter what the product is, is only as good as the service and support you get for it if and when a problem occurs. The point of my review was to highlight two things:

1) If you have a problem in Australia with a Sony product you have deal with this problem via Sony's phone support call centre in Manila, Philippines. You can not talk to a local person to go over your problem. Language and comprehension issues can and do arise with this approach no matter what you may be told by others.

2) That a relatively new product, 15 months old, that develops a problem which has been around for years in a variety of similar/older products, will cost you money to repair as Sony will treat your item as 'out of warranty'. In my case I was quoted $167.40 to just get an assessment of the problem by the Sony appointed service centre, a figure that did not include the cost of any parts should they be required nor any labour costs over and above the first hour.

In other words, to fix the problem could quite likely have cost me more than half of what I paid for the camera in the first place.

So, in my opinion, highlighting the lack of ability to speak to a Sony rep. in Australia and the treatment of a loyal Sony customer who has bought and owned a number of Sony cameras over the past 15+ years does warrant my marking down this product if for no other reason to get the attention of potential buyers so that they will be aware of how they will be treated should a problem occur should they buy this camera or another Sony camera or product.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow