Error message E:62:10 in 15 month old HX400v

Started Oct 8, 2015 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
plutopup
plutopup Junior Member • Posts: 40
Error message E:62:10 in 15 month old HX400v

Purchased my HX400v in June, 2014 from a licensed Sony retailer (DWI) overseas. Developed E:62:10 error message two weeks ago, 15 months after purchase and Sony in Australia refused to fix the camera which was only 15 months - they say it is out of warranty. Having been a loyal Sony user for 15+ years am totally disgusted by their treatment and even worse is that you have to communicated with their helpline in Manila. Would be nice to deal with someone in Australia.

When I reported the problem through Sony's troubleshooting line (in Manila) and after 'fix' was attempted I was led to believe that the phone would be fixed by Sony at no cost to me - I had clearly told them where the camera was purchased and the purchase date. Arrangements were made for a courier to pick up the camera and take it to Sydney.

After much mucking around on the phone to Sony in Manila and to their service people in Sydney to see what was going on with the camera finally was told the camera was out of warranty and I would have to pay for any repair. I was told to assess the problem would cost me $167.40 which would include return postage and one hour's labour. Needless to say I refused to proceed and had the camera sent back to me - was not prepared to pay $167.00 plus parts for a camera which cost less $500.00 in the first place.

Have now replaced this camera with a Panasonic Lumix FZ70 - will not buy a Sony Cybershot camera again due firstly to the treatment I received from Sony and secondly due to the fact that the E:62:10 error appears to be an inherent one which has been occurring for a number of years in both a range of Cybershot and video cameras, from 2007 at least, based on Google searches I have carried out regarding this problem. At no stage, when asked, would (or could) any Sony person I spoke to explain to me what this E:62:10 error message was and what possibly had caused it.

Have been happy enough with this camera but this latest experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth and I say this as someone who has previously owned the following Sony cameras over the past 15 or so years: DSC S50, DSC F717, HX1, HX100 and SLT a330 and who currently owns a SLT a77. This experience has led me to rate this camera very poorly.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
20 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 1200 mm (50×)
Announced: Feb 12, 2014
plutopup's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
great
= community average
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow