Workflow when travelling with a tablet for backup

Started Oct 5, 2015 | Discussions thread
OP Chris R-UK Forum Pro • Posts: 20,008
Re: Backing up on an Android tablet.

Zone8 wrote:

Chris R-UK wrote: I think that I am going to go for a Windows based tablet with a Micro-SD card slot but, if I decide to go for an Android tablet instead is it easy to back up images direct from a camera to a Micro SD card? Are there apps available that will do this?

Hi Chris, I recently "upped" my tablet to a 10.6" dual-OS one, had Win 8.1 (auto updated to Win 10 - which can be fairly easily made to look and run like Win 7) and Android 4.4. Excellent and not expensive. I went for this one because it also had a "normal" USB2 port in addition to the usual mini one. Large battery too - 8000mAh would you believe. 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM. I have a 32GB pen drive in the USB socket for extra storage - can take larger and can also take an external USB drive - I have a spare 500GB one at home should I ever need it. I got the "magnetic" keyboard/case as that then makes it into virtually a full computer. At least you can check it out easily - and see my review. I'm a fairly regular customer of Everbuying and not connected to them in any other way.

Cost today is approx. £120 and the case an extra approx. £15. Here's the link:

http://www.everbuying.net/product875583.html

That is amazingly cheap.  Have you ever had to return anything to them under warranty?

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow