No Longer My Go-To Macro

Started Oct 3, 2015 | User reviews thread
Hen3ry
Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 18,218
Re: No Longer My Go-To Macro - but still a top performer

Hi John

I don’t see the logic of lowing the rating of the very high performing macro lens just because you have moved on to another very high performing lens.

The lens remains as good as it every was; for you, the f2.8 40-150 ranks a little ahead of it -- but that takes nothing from the macro lens per se.

By the way, I haven't use either of these lenses. I have used the old Oly 40-150 and the Panny 45-150 with supplementary lenses for my macro work. I also have a supplementary lens for the Panny 12-35. And I am using the 100-300 for c/u stuff. And I have a couple of extension tubes I mess around with.

How good are the results I get? Very good. Are they as good as the 60mm macro? I don't know, maybe not. I have seen some marvelous work with the 60mm, but what I use more than meets my relatively modest macro needs.

But there is no way I would downgrade the 60mm on the basis that I don't use it.

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://rabaulpng.com/we-are-all-traveling-throug/i-waited-51-years-for-tavur.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow