A7RII - Sensor cleaning thread

Started Oct 2, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wanderlust3 Junior Member • Posts: 31
A7RII - Sensor cleaning thread

All:

I'd like to start a thread for those who have had to clean their A7RII sensors beyond the normal rocket blower method. I've done a lot of research on DPReview and other forums, but no clear consensus has jumped out at me as to the best, most reliable way to clean the A7RII's sensor.

The methods that I've investigated, such as the Sony-specific gel stick and the Sensor Swab / Eclipse combination, seem to have multiple reports of residue being left behind or the A7RII's sensor coating being stripped away.

For those of you who own A7RIIs (and better yet, those of you who have had to clean their A7RII's sensors), what have you found to be effective, non-damaging ways to clean the sensor?

This entire thread has been created with the understanding, of course, that Sony's only approved method for cleaning the camera's sensor is the rocket blower (for obvious reasons). I should also mention that I absolutely adore the A7RII, apart from this one small issue.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts! Look forward to a discussion that will hopefully be helpful to all A7RII (and future A7SII) owners.

Wanderlust3's gear list:Wanderlust3's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Sony Alpha 7R II Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Sony Alpha 7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow