OMD EVF & Optical viewfinder shows blurred moon but image is recorded clearly

Started Sep 30, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nev M Forum Member • Posts: 52
OMD EVF & Optical viewfinder shows blurred moon but image is recorded clearly

Hi,

Have strange issue i can't seem to get my head around on the OMD EM1 and the viewfinder image versus the image taken.

In aperture priority at f7.1, ISO 200, SP 400, Spot Metering, Manual Infinity Focus my EVF and optical viewfinder displays a nice picture of the moon and records the image.

In Manual mode with all the above same settings the Moon appears as a white overexposed/out of focus blob in both viewfinders. The EV meter also shows off the scale at -3EV. However the picture records as a clear image as in above mode.

Not sure if i am doing something silly here or there is a quirk with the OMD EM1 in manual mode. Any advise, help or thought appreciated.

For example below is a picture in Manual mode with the moon showing as a white overexposed / out of focus blob in my viewfinders and -3EV meter reading displayed. I ignored the viewfinder image knowing the settings where good and the picture did come out OK...

Yours (very confused) Nev.

Taken in Manual mode but showed as bright blob in viewfinders

Nev M's gear list:Nev M's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Adobe Photoshop CS6 +3 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow