Excellent almost every way (I hate to sound like a fanboy)

Started Sep 29, 2015 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pajarrett Contributing Member • Posts: 539
Excellent almost every way (I hate to sound like a fanboy)

I sold a Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D and a Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D to help purchase this lens.  I was was not sure that it was the right decision, these were quality lenses and I had gotten excellent results from both.  But I needed the VR for some low light work so I sold the lenses and purchased the 70-200.  Wow, my old lenses will not be missed (well maybe the 85) and what a jump in quality of photos.  When the 80-200 got a shot spot-on it was excellent.  When the 70-200 gets a shot-spot on it is awesome (look it up in a dictionary, the photo of this lens is next to the word).  Color, sharpness, contrast, speed of focus, and stability gained by using VR are all excellent.  I am impressed every time I do my post processing after a shoot.  Is it worth the money?  Yes, if you can afford one I would say get one.  The other lenses are fine, and I did get excellent photos using them.  But this lens is a level above.

-- hide signature --
 pajarrett's gear list:pajarrett's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +2 more
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Telephoto zoom lens • Nikon F (FX) • 2185
Announced: Jul 30, 2009
pajarrett's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow