Best Platform to selling photos

Started Sep 27, 2015 | Discussions thread
Nazeer Halawani
OP Nazeer Halawani Regular Member • Posts: 145
Re: Best Platform to selling photos

Mark B. wrote:

Nazeer Halawani wrote:

Who around here sells their photos?

Any comparison tables for all those sites out there? I've found Etsy, Shopify, shootproof, etc.. But can't seem to know which is best.

Ask on the Pro Digital Talk forum. The short answer, I believe, is that there really is no best b/c people aren't randomly buying photos on the internet. Unless you are selling to a targeted audience - i.e. shots taken at an event - it's going to difficult at best to sell images randomly on the web. Stock photography is probably the path of least resistance, but nobody is quitting their day job.

I don't see myself quitting my desk job neither

Thing is I shoot concerts, photos are getting viral with my name cropped out anyways, so why not make some $ out of it? It's why I posted this initially. Add to it that I rarely sign any releases, which is a huge boost for me to sell those photos (no limitations, no liabilities, so on and so forth..)

Nazeer Halawani's gear list:Nazeer Halawani's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow