5DSuper

Started Sep 13, 2015 | User reviews thread
José B
OP José B Forum Pro • Posts: 19,789
Re: '5DSuper'--I love it; TYVM, and I too love my 5DS.

arcman67 wrote:

I'm glad to hear everyone likes the 5ds. I'm still on the fence about an A7Rii actually to use as my 5dii as a main camera until a 5dIV comes out. I have a lot of Minolta Maxxum lenses (from my film system) that I would like to utilize for pleasure, street photography shooting. For the bulk of my pro work (Architecture, commercial), the 5dii has been great. I rented a 5ds for a Architectural client that wanted over 40 MP images (I would rent the Pentax mf system before) and was very happy. However, after using Magic Lantern with auto focus peaking and magnification on my 5dii, I really missed those features on the 5ds when focusing the 17mm T/S. After using the ML, maggnifying the live view seemed much more cumbersome. I know I could have used my camranger as well with iPad. BTW, I love those features as well with the original A7R EVF. Especially outdoor manual focus.

Of course I'm concerned about A7Rii durability, sealing, battery life, repair-service....which is top notch with the canon. Th compressed raw thing does not bother me as much

I'm buying two bodies over the next 10 months for our business. One will be a 5ds or A7Rii and the other will be the 1dx or 5dIV when and if they arrive.

Thanks for your comments.

IMHO, going native (emount) lenses is the way to go with A7RII unless of course you like to use MF/focus peaking. I have the outstanding Sonnar 1.8/55 lens which is my fave when I use for the A6000 and the images are awesome with it----sharp even at f/1.8!

Best regards,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Sony a6500 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow