DXO sensor score comparison E-620 vs OM-D E-M1

Started Sep 13, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fox328 Senior Member • Posts: 1,123
DXO sensor score comparison E-620 vs OM-D E-M1

Although i'm not into buying a new camera at this moment i'm curious about the improvement it would give buying a new camera.

The only thing i really don't like about the E-620 is the result of low lighted sports photography (speed skating). I still want to use my 4/3 lenses so the only camera which comes in mind is the OM-D E-M1. But if i look at the scores of DXO the improvement is only a lousy 348 iso (536 iso vs 884 iso). Compared to for example the Nikon D5500 (1438 iso) this is the same as almost nothing.

If i look at the studio comparison of DP-review it looks like the improvement would be more than one stop. Can anyone explain me where the difference comes from? How does DXO comes to these results?

I'm just trying to figure out what the improvements will be so i will be able to make a good decision when i will be in the mood of buying new.

Fox328's gear list:Fox328's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Olympus E-400 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +5 more
Nikon D5500 Olympus E-620 (EVOLT E-620) Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow