New Zeiss Milvus lenses

Started Sep 10, 2015 | Discussions thread
verybiglebowski
OP verybiglebowski Veteran Member • Posts: 4,321
Re: Viktor: very, very yummy indeed :) !!

jpr2 wrote:

Many thanks for the update - do you happen to have also some/similar news as to possible Milvus clothing to the venerable 135/2 (or f/1.8) formulation?

best, Quercy

Hi Quercy,

as far as I was told, there is intention to slowly replace all lenses within Classic line with new "Latin birds names" design, except for Loxia. No one would tell us when of course, but that's the direction.

It seems that even Zeiss experts are not clear what exactly will happen though, because I got few controversial opinions regarding Milvus line.

As I was corrected here, it seems that only 50/1.4 ZE/ZF.2 and 85/1.4 ZE/ZF.2 classic will remain in the offer, while other will be replaced by Milvus, but one of the Zeiss expert claimed that this is not entirely true and that they will see how the market will recieve Milvus, and accordingly they will adjust production of the classic line.

Milvus lenses that are supposed to replace recent Classic counterparts do have new coatings though and that means slightly different color interpretation. This is unfortunate for us, who have most of the classic Zeiss lenses and would consider to add just new 50/1.4 and 85/1.4...

BTW, I don'tknow if it was reported already, but new Sony A7s II is supposed to hit the market in November (price was not announced yet). Camera has improved AF (still CDAF only), 120 f/s at full HD resolution, internal 4K recording and it will be in the design of a recent A7RII. There are some ther improvements (sealing e.g.) but not major sensor evolution from the previous model.

Cheers,

Viktor

-- hide signature --
 verybiglebowski's gear list:verybiglebowski's gear list
Sony a7R Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow