The Lord of the L rings- A hobbyist Photographer review

Started Sep 10, 2015 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Arpit Agrawal
Arpit Agrawal Junior Member • Posts: 25
The Lord of the L rings- A hobbyist Photographer review

I own 9 Canon L Series lenses and 1 Non L lenses and i can proudly say this lens is the Lord of the L rings.

One a full frame camera this lens is insanely sharp at F2.0 which is very good. Most of the lenses are usually a bit soft wide open but now i can agree hype is true and this is insanely sharp wide open.The colors and contrast are punchy. The quality of Bokeh is amazing.

I wont recommend this lens in crop sensor for portraits. Consider going for a 85mm for crop sensor as it is about 135 equivalent.Go for this lens is you wana do outdoor portraits, family shots outdoors, close sports for kids.I also own the 70-200 f2.8 is ZOOM and trust me when i say this it blows the zoom out of the league. After using this i also bought the 200mm f2.8 prime which has the similar design and performance and i couldnt have been more happy.

For indoor i find the working distance to be little long hence you are better of with the 85mm indoors.

I personally feel this lens is perfect for portraiture outdoors.I strongly recommend this.

Arpit Agrawal's gear list:Arpit Agrawal's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II +11 more
Canon EF 135mm F2L USM
Telephoto prime lens • Canon EF • 2520A004
Arpit Agrawal's score
Average community score
Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Pentax FA 70-200 F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow