Have some camera manufacturers already matched Fuji's outstanding IQ?

Started Sep 10, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mistermejia Veteran Member • Posts: 3,340
Have some camera manufacturers already matched Fuji's outstanding IQ?

Well, I can't speak for all, and there is one camera brand that I am just NOT going to go back to for several reasons, but more specifically I was messing around with the sony A77II RAW files downloaded from imaging resource site.

I never do this, and this is my first time, I don't pixle peep, but this time I wanted to do a brief but a bit more in-dept look at this. I downloaded the RAWS from the Xpro1 and the A77II.

I am sure many of you have done this type of stuff many times to compare different cameras, and I sure don't have a lot of experience in shooting RAW like many of you here. Like I said, I did this briefly for myself.

My (personal) findings is that the fuji cameras still produce files that are very easy to edit right out of the camera, even in RAW. With the A77II I had to spend more time trying to match the nice punchy colors of the fuji. Is not impossible as we have discussed before, but it sure takes more time to do so.

These samples are just dolls, but still, the color output is not easy to match.

Having said that, I like the A77II A LOT! The images here of course don't look as good as in my PC, and the images indeed look just great.

Having said that, I have until next week to decide If I will pull the trigger on the A77II because I will get the camera with a rebate AND a no tax promotion. This camera is a real bang for the buck. In the end, I might still decline.

Having said that, if I get this body this will be my main camera with all it's over all outstanding features.

Having said that, I am thinking of selling my existing XE1 with the two lenses and I am thinking of getting a smaller fuji body like maybe a X100S. Yikes! I just saw in amazon that the X100S is over $1000. Ouch, looks like is not even worth selling my XE1 with the two lenses I have. I'll have to think about this one.

I keep asking myself what could the Xpro2 possibly provide me with that the A77II can't give me now for half the price? The sony has a fantastic EVF and I will feel right at home with it.

I have really really really thought about this, and I really didn't want to have two separate systems with a bunch of lenses, but man, this is THE cheapest way!

Still, after all this, the fuji is almost unbeatable for colors COMBINED with skin tones and white balance.  THAT is hard to leave.  

I'm going to rest now, will catch up here tomorrow.

Thanks.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow