Sony A7 ii + Zeiss FE 24-70. Good choice?

Started Sep 4, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dsyde Regular Member • Posts: 318
Sony A7 ii + Zeiss FE 24-70. Good choice?

After extensive research I am considering the A7 ii + Zeiss FE 24-70.

My background is mainly Canon and for a number of years I used a Canon 60D APS-C with the 24-105 L lens.  Yes I know, full frame lens on an APS-C camera but I loved the lens and the stellar results it gave.  I complimentd this with 35mm and 50mm bright primes.

After a number of years I dold all the gear and moved to M43 with the Olympus E-M5ii.   For me personally, this was a mistake.  Compared to my old Canon gear I am just not happy with the IQ it produces with the 12-40 F2.8 Pro lens.  Call me fussy but I just wasn't.

Will the Sony combo be a good choice for me to get back to the IQ I enjoyed without the bulk?

My requirements are top notch stills IQ, IBIS as I also video a lot, a high quality video codec (ie XAVC s) and a package that is portable for travel / family vacations.

I'm not a pro and I don't get paid for my photography or videography, but I have OCD about quality punchy/sharp stills and smooth video.

The A7R ii is out of my budget.  I have read mixed reviews about the 24-70 but I have learnt to not always go on reviews.  I know the 24-70 only has a maximum aperture of F4 but with the larger sensor and the option for higher ISO's with less noise, I presume this will not be a major issue compared to F2.8 on an APS-C or M43.

Thanks

Canon EOS 60D Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR Sony a7 II Sony a7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
exb
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow