How To Arrange Portraits in a Foreign Land?

Started Aug 20, 2015 | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
GodSpeaks Forum Pro • Posts: 13,527
Re: How To Arrange Portraits in a Foreign Land?

Dark_Knight wrote:

GodSpeaks wrote:

In SE Asia, surprisingly, many will be quite open to doing a shoot. Most are very friendly and easy to talk to. So, spend some time just chatting with the locals and when you find someone you would like to shoot, just bring up the subject. A good idea is to carry a portfolio on your smartphone. Showing the potential subject some of your work will help allay any fears they may have. Be prepared to have a 'friend' tag along, though.

I live in Bangkok and am always getting asked to do a model shoot. But then I am known as a photographer and I am usually recommended by a previous model.

Thanks for this info. I have a better idea of what to expect and how I can go about doing things. I better work on my portfolio then.

Hey, you live in Bangkok. I wanted to include Thailand in my trip. But wasn't there a military coup last year? But is it really unstable there or is it business as usual?

Mostly business as usual.  Likely stay fairly quiet until elections are held again, if ever.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +49 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow