FCAS Second Submittal - I wont give up!

Started Jul 20, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bkuhl Contributing Member • Posts: 554
FCAS Second Submittal - I wont give up!

Uncle Frank,

I had already taken your advice on this image and "Juiced up the Background" after printing the photo. The print made it painfully obvious that the background was not jet black.

I edited out what I thought was a distracting, "unconnected" pedal on the left side of the picutre that was crossing the other fine pedal/bud. I actually experimented with taking out both small pedals/buds, but the picture then becomes unbalanced IMHO. I think the parts you said was unconnected on the last image were the pointed unblossomed buds that stick up, they extend visually from the stem and I still feel they add to the image as they continue the line from the stem.

I know that this is STILL center weighted meter, but I think the last exposure was actually a bit on the underexposed side as there were not many real highlights, this picture has some on the left blossom but there is still detail there, with out the hightlight being blown out.

EXIF is as follows for a proper submittal:
CP5700
Center weighted meter (I know, I Know!)
1/28th sec, f 7.7
sensitivity auto
white balance auto
sharpening auto
noise reduction off
Post Production:
Cropped
Distracting pedal/bud stamped out
USM 1,100,0

Officially and Respectfully submitted for second consideration:

-- hide signature --

CP Five Seven Zero Zero 'Magic Machine'
Pbase Supporter
FCAS 'Wanna Be' Member

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow