FE 24-70 f/4: Holding me back from going to A7x

Started Aug 26, 2015 | Discussions thread
EdwardWestonNYC Contributing Member • Posts: 518
Re: FE 24-70 f/4: Holding me back from going to A7x

A good more than HALF the people that try the 24-70mm try after hearing "terrible" things about it. "Its no wonder lens, everyone must be right!" - they come on a post "this is a piece of SH#T lens" and that is it. If you asked most of these people a follow up question or two:

1) what other zoom lenses (especially in this range) have you used?  Most popular answer: Oh this is my first!

2) What didn't you like about the lens? "At 24mm its distorted and vignettes" - well the lens is designed that way - The lens doesn't suck - you just picked the wrong lens. ANYONE picking a 24-whatever length and is expecting it to "rock" at 24mm will NEVER be happy. Zoom are strongest in their mid-range focal lengths and weaker at the short and long ends (I didn't say it Zeiss Engineers did in a lovely interview you can youtube).

3) I saw beautiful images on the web, I got mine and my pictures suck. (haha) - okay I just added this one in for humor. But with imaginary all around us now and the digital photo world - sadly many people still don't realize that a camera is a tool to the eye. If you don't have the eye - the camera's not gonna do much for ya.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow